Wednesday, December 12
- 9:30-9:35 Sadayoshi Ito (Executive Vice President of Tohoku University)
- 9:35-9:40 Tohru Nakashizuka
- 9:40-9:50 Organizer
Keynote Speech 1
- 9:50-10:40 Jo Mulongoy - Why bother about the interface between science and policy?
Session 1: Biodiversity
Chairperson: Naoki Adachi (Response Ability, Inc)
- 10:40-11:20 Anne Larigauderie - The science-policy interface for biodiversity
- 11:20-12:00 Lian Pin Koh - Science-based decision support for biodiversity conservation
Lunch - 12:00-13:40
- 13:40-14:20 Pavan Sukhdev - Can Today’s Corporation Deliver Tomorrow’s Economy?
- 14:20-15:00 Noritaka Ichida - Can the Convention on Biological Diversity ( CBD ) reduce the loss of biodiversity ?
Coffee Break - 15:00-15:30
Session 2: Fishery
Chairperson: Aiko Yamauchi (World Wide Fund for Nature, Japan)
- 15:30-16:10 Nobuyuki Yagi - Need an additional rule or better surveillance and control of existing rules?: an overview of the current status of international managements on living marine resources in the ocean
- 16:10-16:50 Roger Martini - An OECD perspective on Green Growth in Fisheries and Aquaculture
Coffee Break - 16:50-17:10
- 17:10-17:50 Satoshi Ishikawa - Co-design, Co-produce of local people, researchers, and governments for sustainable rural development in Southeast Asian Coastal zone.
- 17:50-18:30 Arne Eide - Fisheries management moving from the modelling approach towards expert systems and rule based control: Improvement or Failure?
Thursday, December 13
Keynote Speech 2
- 9:00-9:50 Jeffrey McNeely - Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services:What they mean to agriculture, fisheries, and climate change
Session 3: Agriculture
Chairperson: Osamu Saito (United Nations University)
- 9:50-10:30 Kevin Parris - Measuring the environmental performance of agriculture: Lessons learned and future directions from work on OECD countries
- 10:30-11:10 Paul F Donald - Impacts of EU agriculture and nature conservation policies on European bird populations: identifying causal links between policy implementation and wildlife responses
Coffee Break - 11:10-11:30
- 11:30-12:10 Joshua Bishop
- 12:10-12:50 Yoshiaki Nishikawa - Institutions for sustainable management of agro-biodiversity -harmonization among local, national and global perspectives
- 12:50-13:30 Poster Preview
- 13:30-15:10 Poster Viewing/Lunch
Break - 15:55-16:05