The Global Center of Excellence (GCOE) for ecosystem management adapting to global change, (Program Leader: Dr. Nakashizuka, Department of Environmental Life Sciences, Graduate School of Life Sciences) at Tohoku University (Japan) is seeking candidates for the above position.
1. Job Title: Research Assistant Professor or GCOE Fellow (post-doctoral researcher)
2. Work Address: Tohoku University, Graduate School of Engineering (Aobayama Campus)
3. Number of Positions: 1
4. Background Information: GCOE for ecosystem management adapting to global change promotes interdisciplinary research and education relating to conservation and global ecosystem change. And the aim of the program is to recruit and train: (i) highly specialized scientists focused on international research projects and (ii) professional ecosystem managers. (PEMs) providing expertise in assessment, planning, and management of ecosystems as part of international organizations, NGOs, and other environment-related bodies. http://gema.biology.tohoku.ac.jp/index_e.html
5. Desired Qualifications: The applicants must possess strong research background of ecological engineering as well as competence and interest in conducting interdisciplinary research across disciplines of agriculture, ecology and environmental economics, focusing on constructed wetland systems. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to have the ability to promote the international fieldwork and cooperation research activities at Lake Taihu (China), which is one of three International Model Fields of GCOE.
6. Job Description: The successful candidate should understand the goal and objective of GCOE program and pursue researches in the areas described above.
7. Term Appointment: From 10 September 2009 to 31 March 2013, renewable annually upon evaluation
8. Qualifications: Applicants should already hold a PhD, or expect to have a PhD in hand by 10 September 2009.
9. Stipend: Commensurate with qualifications and experience: (4,500,000-5,000,000 Japanese Yen/year). Research funding allowance of 1,000,000 Japanese Yen/year.
10. Application Deadline: 10 July, 2009
11. Starting Date:10 September, 2009
12. Application Materials
(1) An up to date curriculum vitae (plus color, passport photograph taken within the last three months: attached to c.v. with your name printed on back)
(2) List of publications
(3) Summary of research to date
(4) Copies of up to five publications
(5) Research proposal for this position
(6) Names and contact information of three references.
Post Applications to:
Global COE Office, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, 6-3, Aoba-Aramaki, Sendai, 980-8578, Japan. Please write Application for GCOE Fellow/Assistant Professor on the envelope in red. If you would like your application materials returned, please enclose an SAE.
For Further Information contact:
Osamu Nishimura Deparment of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tohoku University email@example.com
TEL 022-795-7470 Tohoku University promotes gender equality.